Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now

For such an important month, I know I've been severely lacking in the posting area. Although, I must say, I've done a better job than some people (cough Liz cough). But, for all the insanity that has come with the second half of July, it seems like its all starting to sink in and make sense. Its like I'm starting to be able to see myself living here. As opposed to some idealistic figment of my overactive imagination.
Right now, I'm sitting on my bed in my apartment, having just gotten back from hanging out with one of my friends at her new place. I spent the last 2.5 days unpacking, assembling furniture and getting situated in my new apartment. I've still got a long ways to go in terms of turning this place from an open apartment into something that resembles and inhabitable home. We need living room furniture (a couch, coffee table, tv stand, tv and some things for the walls), my mom is buying me a kitchen table when she comes to visit in two weeks and I need to get a bookcase and a  few pictures to hang up. Hopefully, by mid-September, we'll be settled in and ready to go. At least, that my plan.
It's kind of frustrating, because I really just want the whole place to be set up and ready to go but I know it cant all be done in a day. I'm well aware off the phrase "Rome wasn't built in a day". I guess I just wish I had the money to get it all done now instead of having to wait a month to get it all situated. Plus, I found out yesterday that people in the Baltimore Corps are being paid $100/day during Round Zero (the training we complete in our region before school starts). Thats insane! It's like, a $1000. With that much money, my roommate and I could definitely finish off our apartment and have everything ready to go. I don't understand why we're not getting paid for Round Zero. There are fewer Charlotte members than there are in Baltimore. So if they're getting paid, why aren't we/ Although, maybe we are and we just don't know it yet. that would be so fantastic!!

Hey, I can dream. Can't I?

No comments: